The European Union...United!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question and opinions about the new Action point/Premium Account system

+3
xondbed
jesa87
Willburn
7 posters

Go down

Question and opinions about the new Action point/Premium Account system Empty Question and opinions about the new Action point/Premium Account system

Post  Willburn Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:52 am

Wow, please take a good look at this:

Hello dear Islanders,
as many of you were awaiting, it is time to integrate some premium features into Ikariam.

You will be able to order these features via our inter-currency "Ambrosia" (like Dark Matter, Rubies etc.). By buying Ambrosia you may order the premium features that will show up as 4 different "Advisors".

Quick and easy list of Advisors:

1. 20% more Advisor for each Luxury Good :
there is one premium feature for 20% more marble, one for 20% more crystal glass, one for 20% more wine and one for 20% more sulphur, and you can choose between them... so you have to buy all to receive 20% more of all

2. 5% more Building Materials Advisor :
if you buy all Advisor´s you receive 20% more building material

3. Empire View :
list how many troops / which building levels etc. in every city/town

4. Merchant :
what is it and how to use it? You call e.g. a merchant who buy´s crystal glass (with x Ambrosia) and trade it into something else. So e.g. 1k crystal glass into 2k building material or 1k crystal glass into 1k marble. After the successful trade the merchant disappears and you have to order a new one for your next trading.

Details for the merchant trade ratios:
* luxury goods (crystal glass, marble, sulphur, wine) : luxury goods = 1:1
* luxury goods : building material = 1:2

Premium features will be introduced today or in the next few days on the International -> Ikariam TestServer <- and probably next week on Ikariam.org .

Additional informations will follow.

Feel free to discuss about it here: Introducing Premium Features, official discussion thread

Best Regards,
Your Ikariam.org Team Happy

This is quoted from the official administrators of the game.

Are they serious??? 20% more ressources if you pay them money???

If this really goes through I will very likely quit this game.
Whats the point in playing if some stupid rich kid can outgrow you in a matter of weeks.
Also I have heard rumors that in the future Action points will be purchasable with money....which would suck even more
than the additional ressources.

Please give me your opinions/questions towards this matter.

Last edited by Willburn on Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:18 am; edited 2 times in total

Willburn
Alliance Member
Alliance Member

Male Number of posts : 35
Humor : Black
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Question and opinions about the new Action point/Premium Account system Empty Re: Question and opinions about the new Action point/Premium Account system

Post  jesa87 Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:14 am

It sucks

jesa87
Alliance Member
Alliance Member

Male Number of posts : 5
Humor : None
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Question and opinions about the new Action point/Premium Account system Empty Re: Question and opinions about the new Action point/Premium Account system

Post  xondbed Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:40 am

it says that 20% of building material mate, not all of those resources...
yeah i agree with premium, what's the interesting though...
all people with money will grow fast...
money is everething !!!
shoot

xondbed
Alliance Member
Alliance Member

Male Number of posts : 49
Humor : nothing special
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Willburn Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:53 am

Actually it does concern all ressources.
Read it again.
You can buy an advisor for each luxury good, which effectively increases the income of that luxury good by 20%
You can also buy an advisor for building materials which increases its income by 5%
If you buy all advisors you get an bonus increased income of building materials by 20%

Willburn
Alliance Member
Alliance Member

Back to top Go down

Post  JackRandom Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:34 pm

well, i might be one of those so called "rich" ones.
since i paid for those bonuses.

but yea, i agree with everyone, its kinda unfair, but at least its only 20%, and not 50% or 100%

and that AP system is really gonna be annoying aswell.
i really dont hope they will make it so you can buy APs
because thats nearly a bigger disadvantage than the 20%, since resources is lootable Wink

JackRandom
Alliance Member
Alliance Member

Male Number of posts : 33
Humor : umm? black?
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post  cess17 Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:15 am

It all stupid to me, why can't they leave it the way it was, it was fun and simple...no premium games are good games in my opinion.
cess17
cess17
Alliance Member
Alliance Member

Male Number of posts : 69
Job/hobbies : School
Humor : Slapstick

Back to top Go down

Post  Willburn Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:40 pm

cess17 wrote:It all stupid to me, why can't they leave it the way it was, it was fun and simple...no premium games are good games in my opinion.

I agree, but I can also understand the side of the developer. Of course they need to make money
one way or the other. But the new premium feature's advantages are far too drastic in my opinion.
It would have been fine if they would have implemented things like customizable avatars, colored names,
even a building queue would have been accceptable...
But of course they totally had to mess it up and overpower the buyable features.
Ah well...what can you expect from a game forge game Sad

Willburn
Alliance Member
Alliance Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Leesa Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:05 pm

I understand totally the motivation of the developer to wanna make money. He/She should be rewards for a great game? BUT...why not listen to feedback from the players when they were testing 2.0? It seems like most people have the same opinions...action points a huge negative...and yet they proceed w/it anyway. Who knows...maybe we just need time to adjust. Regardless, I'll just be thrilled when my resources stop bouncing all over the place! This is driving me insane. Any word when that little bug might be taken care of?

Cheers!

Leesa
Alliance Member
Alliance Member

Female Number of posts : 6
Humor : Scotland
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post  cess17 Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:43 pm

I agree with Willburn Yesterday, the developera do need to make money, but come-on, you cant expect there to be a fair playing field when one side is gaining 20% more resorces + 5% building material per town, it's just not fair....y should the balance be tipped so severly?
cess17
cess17
Alliance Member
Alliance Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Willburn Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:02 am

cess17 wrote:I agree with Willburn Yesterday, the developera do need to make money, but come-on, you cant expect there to be a fair playing field when one side is gaining 20% more resorces + 5% building material per town, it's just not fair....y should the balance be tipped so severly?

Because Gameforge is a greedy greedy company.
They want to squeeze money out of all the players who seriously want to play this game. Sad

Willburn
Alliance Member
Alliance Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cess17 Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:15 pm

Willburn wrote:
cess17 wrote:I agree with Willburn Yesterday, the developera do need to make money, but come-on, you cant expect there to be a fair playing field when one side is gaining 20% more resorces + 5% building material per town, it's just not fair....y should the balance be tipped so severly?

Because Gameforge is a greedy greedy company.
They want to squeeze money out of all the players who seriously want to play this game. Sad

Now i wouldn't go as far as saying they were a greedy greesy company, but it is an injustice!
cess17
cess17
Alliance Member
Alliance Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Viriato Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:37 am

Before signing this game, i knew the existence of some kind of "premium" player for those who wants to spend a bit of money. Completely understandable because Gameforge is a company and wants to make some money with this game.
For those who don't have or don't want to spend money, they can play anyway ! Is it fair ? Well.....maybe yes maybe no, but it's not the only game around with that kind of politics.

The only things thats bothers me are some bugs that are still around this game ! I can't accelerate the research anymore ! The resources values were completely bugged and caused me some delays to upgrade some buildings ! I have the "governor" research done but i can't control any conquered city.... (bummer) ! I really don't know what "Utopia" is and if the "Bureaucracy" works... or if it will really work in a near future ... ! The upgrades are waaaayyy tooo expensive for exº "Governors palace" ( that sucks! ) !
No

It's a cute game, but there are some essential things missing like adding some armies temporarily to our friends to help him.

Viriato
Alliance Member
Alliance Member

Male Number of posts : 13
Job/hobbies : Electronic Tech
Humor : Mr. Bean ?
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cess17 Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:59 pm

Viriato wrote:Before signing this game, i knew the existence of some kind of "premium" player for those who wants to spend a bit of money. Completely understandable because Gameforge is a company and wants to make some money with this game.
For those who don't have or don't want to spend money, they can play anyway ! Is it fair ? Well.....maybe yes maybe no, but it's not the only game around with that kind of politics.

The only things thats bothers me are some bugs that are still around this game ! I can't accelerate the research anymore ! The resources values were completely bugged and caused me some delays to upgrade some buildings ! I have the "governor" research done but i can't control any conquered city.... (bummer) ! I really don't know what "Utopia" is and if the "Bureaucracy" works... or if it will really work in a near future ... ! The upgrades are waaaayyy tooo expensive for exº "Governors palace" ( that sucks! ) !
No

It's a cute game, but there are some essential things missing like adding some armies temporarily to our friends to help him.

Yea, i agree, the bugs in this game are totally anoying, not only is war impratical because of the 'governer' thing, but also when you go to send goods with merchant ships it bugs and it wont let you put in the amount you wish to trade... If anybody has the PM of any GM (Game Moderator) could you pls tell me so that i can send them a complaint...ty
cess17
cess17
Alliance Member
Alliance Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum